Saturday, February 07, 2009

Warning: Blogging can be Habit Forming!

It has been just over a month since I started blogging again and I have made a discovery. Blogging (for me anyway) is like potato chips - I can't write just one!

Here's the deal. Back in November I purchased a new study Bible - the ESV Study Bible (English Standard Version) published by Crossway. I've used a number of different study Bibles over the years and this is one of the nicest I've seen. The translation is a literal translation but with more than the usual attention given to sentence structure and syntax making it more readable than say, the NASB (New American Standard Bible). The extras are top notch, the contributors the best in their fields, and the artwork is amazing. You can check it out at the link above.

During my recent recovery period, I started reading the book of Matthew in the ESV and it wasn't long before I started thinking about the work I left unfinished at my blog 'Java and Jesus'. I found that I wanted to finish the work, and so, after some prayer and contemplation, I have decided I shall.

And so starting today I shall once again be posting to java-and-jesus.blogspot.com on a regular basis. How regular, I'm not sure, but I will pick up where I left off with little fanfare and a lot of trepidation. If you enjoyed what I posted before, or are intrigued by what you've read here, I invite you to join me. If you know of anyone who used to read J&J then please pass this along and let them know it has started up again.

That's it for now... see you over there, and here as well.

http://java-and-jesus.blogspot.com

Shalom

No comments: